Baulko Subject Selections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Year 9 Subject Selections-Whose Doing What?
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 am by Nathan626

» Yr 10 Yearly
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 am by supersath

» Anyone interested in doing the design courses at UTS?
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm by LitDN

» whose doing accelerated commerce
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am by simmonsn

» External subject ~ Dance
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am by simmonsn

» Anyone choosing it?
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am by chrisk

» Geography class - Year 11 2010??
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am by simmonsn

» When can I do Japanese Extension
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 am by ciganag

» The Electives for Year 9
What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm by chrisk

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11

+5
chrisk
Sharon den Adel
iamewy
NSiriwardena
who am i
9 posters

Go down

What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 Empty What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11

Post  who am i Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 pm

I am just getting close to average marks (expected to be lower), should I be doing maths. I am currently (touchwood) indifferent to the subject. So should I or should I not do the subject. Also (unrelated) I have no wish to do 4 U maths in Yr 12 and wish to ocntinue with 3 U

Thanks,
Kappy
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 Empty Re: What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11

Post  NSiriwardena Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Read the online subject selection booklet.

http://www.baulkhamhillshighschool.com.au/about/Curriculum/subject_selection/

(Scroll down to Yr11 and 12 and there should be a link)

It says that it would be a good idea to get A10, A9, or B9 in the School Cert.

So in short.

YOU'LL BE FINE.
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11 Empty Re: What sort of people should be doing 3 U Maths in Yr 11

Post  iamewy Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:46 pm

NSiriwardena wrote:

so if you were to make a baulko math mark equivilent to A10, A9, and B9, what would they be?

Not that i'm doing 3U math because i want to do wednesday sport.

Last edited by iamewy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
iamewy
iamewy

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:48 pm

iamewy wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:

so if you were to make a baulko math math equivilent to A10, A9, and B9, what would they be?

TY Niro and Ewy
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon den Adel Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:20 am

I have already completed Prelim HSC Extension and I must say it's pretty easy (the transition between year 10 and year 11 might scare some though, although I didn't notice any difference). The transition between extension and extension 2 is the only thing that should scare you.

Basically; you in second maths class now = take extension maths.
Sharon den Adel
Sharon den Adel

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 am

iamewy wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:

so if you were to make a baulko math mark equivilent to A10, A9, and B9, what would they be?

I think you can do 3U maths and wednesday sport
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon den Adel Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 am

Ewy may already have 12 units of subjects.
Sharon den Adel
Sharon den Adel

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:16 pm

tranquil1ty wrote:I have already completed Prelim HSC Extension and I must say it's pretty easy (the transition between year 10 and year 11 might scare some though, although I didn't notice any difference). The transition between extension and extension 2 is the only thing that should scare you.

THAI BUT U BELIVE THAT 4 U MATHS IS A WALK IN A PARK
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  NSiriwardena Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 pm

kappy wrote:
tranquil1ty wrote:I have already completed Prelim HSC Extension and I must say it's pretty easy (the transition between year 10 and year 11 might scare some though, although I didn't notice any difference). The transition between extension and extension 2 is the only thing that should scare you.

STOP USING CAPS.

So what if he does? This is your choice, not Thai's.
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

Post  DotA Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 am

NSiriwardena wrote:
kappy wrote:

STOP USING CAPS.

You use caps everywhere >_>
And stop stating the obvious Niro >_>

DotA

Back to top Go down

Post  eazy_e Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 am

iamewy wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:

do you only miss out on wednesday sport if you do 13 units? or does it depend on extensions?

eazy_e

Back to top Go down

Post  DotA Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 am

eazy_e wrote:
iamewy wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:

do you only miss out on wednesday sport if you do 13 units? or does it depend on extensions?

Pretty sure it's only 13 units, so if you have 2 extensions + 3 2 unit subjects your good

DotA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon den Adel Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:50 am

eazy_e wrote:
iamewy wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:

12 units = sport
13 units = no sport
Sharon den Adel
Sharon den Adel

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreakau Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Remember what Mr Simmons said:

12 units = Sport + Scripture

13 units = 2 periods of sport for lessons and one free, and no scripture
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Post  NSiriwardena Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 pm

karanb wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:
kappy wrote:

STOP USING CAPS.

You use caps everywhere >_>
And stop stating the obvious Niro >_>

I don't put posts in full caps.

And I have to keep stating the obvious because Kapilan can't grasp simple concepts.
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

Post  I_C_E Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 pm

kapilan talks loudly. it's just his way of posting
I_C_E
I_C_E

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 pm

YEAH BUT THAI I GOT 62% FOR MY HALF YRLY......... i still dont know if i should do it. the topics sound hard.
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  NSiriwardena Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 pm

kappy wrote:

YEAH BUT THAI I GOT 62% FOR MY HALF YRLY......... i still dont know if i should do it. the topics sound hard.

Don't do it if you don't want to. Bottom line. Stick to it.
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:24 pm

kappy wrote:

Note: sounds hard. They're just an extention of what you've done in class. When you were in year 7, you would have been shocked at trigonometry, now, it's not so bad.
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon den Adel Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 pm

chrisk wrote:
kappy wrote:

Note: sounds hard. They're just an extention of what you've done in class. When you were in year 7, you would have been shocked at trigonometry, now, it's not so bad.

I didn't find trig or calculus scary before I did them. Just because they're 'new' doesn't mean they should be scary >_>. I did trig in year 6 thanks to my OC teacher back then.
Sharon den Adel
Sharon den Adel

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 pm

tranquil1ty wrote:
chrisk wrote:
kappy wrote:

I didn't find trig or calculus scary before I did them. Just because they're 'new' doesn't mean they should be scary >_>. I did trig in year 6 thanks to my OC teacher back then.

accelerated to the max thai
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:32 pm

NSiriwardena wrote:
kappy wrote:
tranquil1ty wrote:
chrisk wrote:
kappy wrote:

YAY! Physics Very Happy
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:33 pm

chrisk wrote:
NSiriwardena wrote:
kappy wrote:
tranquil1ty wrote:
chrisk wrote:
kappy wrote:

YAY! Physics Very Happy

niro the tru nerd, everything in life has to be applied to physics or another science.
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum