Baulko Subject Selections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Year 9 Subject Selections-Whose Doing What?
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 am by Nathan626

» Yr 10 Yearly
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 am by supersath

» Anyone interested in doing the design courses at UTS?
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm by LitDN

» whose doing accelerated commerce
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am by simmonsn

» External subject ~ Dance
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am by simmonsn

» Anyone choosing it?
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am by chrisk

» Geography class - Year 11 2010??
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am by simmonsn

» When can I do Japanese Extension
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 am by ciganag

» The Electives for Year 9
Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm by chrisk

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

+5
Troll
d3st1nyliang
chrisk
Bettyisonfire
khfreakau
9 posters

Go down

Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" Empty Re: Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

Post  khfreakau Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Yep, good ideas are generally the way to go. Has anyone ever read that book 'Rich Dad Poor Dad'? It's really good, I'd lend it to anyone if they want. It's about how people aim to get a job and work for a good company, ie an earned income, when you should be seeking to earn passive income, where you do less work and still make money. Anyone should be able to sell their skills in anything, not necessarily related to subjects in school.
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" Empty Re: Has anybody read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

Post  Bettyisonfire Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 pm

I've got that book in Chinese xD .. but I would love a English version.
Bettyisonfire
Bettyisonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreakau Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:47 pm

ahahaha Chinese is awesome, except when everyone around you is talking mando and you have NO idea what's going on. One of these days I'm going to learn either mando or canto. One day.

So do you want that book? I have the original edition and the "For Teens" edition, and then another one about the money quarters or something, I can't remember.
I think I might start my own business, because it's much more flexible then working for a company. =D
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 pm

khfreakau wrote:ahahaha Chinese is awesome, except when everyone around you is talking mando and you have NO idea what's going on. One of these days I'm going to learn either mando or canto. One day.

So do you want that book? I have the original edition and the "For Teens" edition, and then another one about the money quarters or something, I can't remember.
I think I might start my own business, because it's much more flexible then working for a company. =D

Rich Dad Poor Dad is an ok book. It simplifies the whole process of creating a business and makes it sound very easy...If only it always ended well.
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:59 pm

While business is a good means in which to 'make money', it doesn't always work out well. In fact, most of the time it doesn't.
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreakau Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 pm

That depends on your definition of 'most'. I think having your own business is probably one of the easiest and best ways to make money, enjoy yourself, and do what you wanna do, but that may be just me. I'm sure many people have different plans for feeling secure in the future financially.
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Post  d3st1nyliang Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm

yehh, enjoy watching money pour in, other than that , i would rather do med
d3st1nyliang
d3st1nyliang

Back to top Go down

Post  Troll Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:08 pm

khfreakau wrote:That depends on your definition of 'most'. I think having your own business is probably one of the easiest and best ways to make money, enjoy yourself, and do what you wanna do, but that may be just me. I'm sure many people have different plans for feeling secure in the future financially.

Most is >50%.

And owning your own business is definitely not the easiest ways to make money. It is riddled with risk and at times of an economics recessions, small to medium businesses are the ones that take it the hardest. It is also extremely stressful as one week you may earn a lot of money but the next week you could lose money. You don't have a consistent income. But obviously if you are well organised you could very well enjoy it.
Troll
Troll

http://socksnthongs.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreakau Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:44 am

haha dodgy randomly created new thread Cool

Yeah, that's true Lawrence, but like I said, everyone has their own plans to be successful in life. I simply find an option like this appealing. If you don't make calculated risks and play it safe all the time, I'm sure that you won't get too far, cause there's never just one safe option to go for.
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Post  skaiwalker Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 am

Yes. It's anecdotal (and fake anecdotal) at best, and there's huge criticism for it on the internet.

It's ok to get in the mindset of finance or making money, but there's no substance
skaiwalker
skaiwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreakau Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am

Hmmm, that's quite true when you think about it, Kai. Maybe I should do business and learn about it. I'm still torn between which social science to do D=
khfreakau
khfreakau

Back to top Go down

Post  I_C_E Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 am

Go legal!! Woooo! Legal! and dont double post.
I_C_E
I_C_E

Back to top Go down

Post  DotA Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Just curious, does the stuff in this book only apply if you have a son/daughter? =P

DotA

Back to top Go down

Post  codieface Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Only applies if you are a son with a father to learn the skill of making money from: women can't make money, they'd just spend it all on shoes!
codieface
codieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum