Baulko Subject Selections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Year 9 Subject Selections-Whose Doing What?
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 am by Nathan626

» Yr 10 Yearly
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 am by supersath

» Anyone interested in doing the design courses at UTS?
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm by LitDN

» whose doing accelerated commerce
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am by simmonsn

» External subject ~ Dance
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am by simmonsn

» Anyone choosing it?
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am by chrisk

» Geography class - Year 11 2010??
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am by simmonsn

» When can I do Japanese Extension
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 am by ciganag

» The Electives for Year 9
What should I choose, I need ur expertise EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm by chrisk

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What should I choose, I need ur expertise

+4
simmonsn
d3st1nyliang
NSiriwardena
who am i
8 posters

Go down

What should I choose, I need ur expertise Empty What should I choose, I need ur expertise

Post  who am i Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I after all the info we recieved today I have no idea what I should do. I have read stuff and now i want u guys to contribute. With ur knowledge of me what do you think I should do and whether the subjects Im doing currently wil suit me.

Here is the lowdow.
3 English- mediocre at it however I have no idea how I will go
3 Maths- Really scared abt it, not sure if i have the sufficient skills and nasis to do it. Also it sounds hardcore
2 Chemistry- Likle the subject, however i keep on 2nd guessing myelf abt it

No here is the real conundrum"
Here are my possible options
1. Bio sounds like fun, its rote learning, yet is it fun me dunno if i will do well at it though
2. Geo fun subject howeever not suire if i will do well at it. my skills arent that good.
3. Modern Hisotry- Fun but only mediocre at it not even sure if i should do it- I am only now considering it becaz of the History talk today
4. Ancient same reasons as Modern- however Ive heard that ancients more learning dates and discussing I sort of like that

Yeah I was also considering PDHPE but thats out of the question now also Legal but im not wishing to learn another textbook off by heart like for eco. I have trouble learning half a page of a eco txtbook let alone a whole legal textbook.

If u wish to help it would be thoroughly appreciated. I dont know, but most probably because I have been INFLUENCED BY SO MANY PPL AS WHAT MY SUBJECTS SHOULD BE I have lost total connection with my gut instinct and my heart. I LITERALLY DONT KNOW WHAT I LIKE ANYMORE. Serious I used to like subjects now Im indifferent to them. I have lost touch with my inner voice. Literally I have no idea what I like. I am starting to question whether I like subjects and I only like subjects if i do well at them. Take Geo for example i didnt like it in yr 8 as i failed it but im liking it in yr 10 becaz im mediocre at it

- Thanks Ur Friend in Need
Kappy

P.S Trust me all of you will own if you listen to your heart, which i sadly have inhibited myself from doing
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

What should I choose, I need ur expertise Empty Re: What should I choose, I need ur expertise

Post  NSiriwardena Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:21 pm

kappy wrote:I after all the info we recieved today I have no idea what I should do. I have read stuff and now i want u guys to contribute. With ur knowledge of me what do you think I should do and whether the subjects Im doing currently wil suit me.

Here is the lowdow.
3 English- mediocre at it however I have no idea how I will go
3 Maths- Really scared abt it, not sure if i have the sufficient skills and nasis to do it. Also it sounds hardcore
2 Chemistry- Likle the subject, however i keep on 2nd guessing myelf abt it

No here is the real conundrum"
Here are my possible options
1. Bio sounds like fun, its rote learning, yet is it fun me dunno if i will do well at it though
2. Geo fun subject howeever not suire if i will do well at it. my skills arent that good.
3. Modern Hisotry- Fun but only mediocre at it not even sure if i should do it- I am only now considering it becaz of the History talk today
4. Ancient same reasons as Modern- however Ive heard that ancients more learning dates and discussing I sort of like that

Yeah I was also considering PDHPE but thats out of the question now also Legal but im not wishing to learn another textbook off by heart like for eco. I have trouble learning half a page of a eco txtbook let alone a whole legal textbook.

If u wish to help it would be thoroughly appreciated. I dont know, but most probably because I have been INFLUENCED BY SO MANY PPL AS WHAT MY SUBJECTS SHOULD BE I have lost total connection with my gut instinct and my heart. I LITERALLY DONT KNOW WHAT I LIKE ANYMORE. Serious I used to like subjects now Im indifferent to them. I have lost touch with my inner voice. Literally I have no idea what I like. I am starting to question whether I like subjects and I only like subjects if i do well at them. Take Geo for example i didnt like it in yr 8 as i failed it but im liking it in yr 10 becaz im mediocre at it

- Thanks Ur Friend in Need
Kappy

P.S Trust me all of you will own if you listen to your heart, which i sadly have inhibited myself from doing

If you're having trouble picking something on whether you like it or not, I suggest looking at your report card and picking your best subject. Then look at it and decide, yeah did I enjoy this?

It really shouldn't be this difficult, Kapilan.

...you will own if you listen to your heart

I have no heart.
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

What should I choose, I need ur expertise Empty Re: What should I choose, I need ur expertise

Post  d3st1nyliang Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:23 pm

ur mediocore = my good, also i thought u wanted to do latin from day one, you should definitely choose bio, maybe geo because ur really good
d3st1nyliang
d3st1nyliang

Back to top Go down

Post  simmonsn Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:09 am

I think I am actually going to add to your dilema, but I was wondering why you have written off PD/H/PE?

From what I understand you are thinking of medicine. Have you had a look at the PD/H/PE syllabus ?

I think too many people focus on the last two letters (PE) and think it is like junior PE, but it is far from that, it is actually a very academic subject.

I'm not a PE teacher, but I would have thought that anyone considering medicine, physiotherapy, etc would at least consider doing it.

My suggestion for you:

Make sure you talk to Mrs Savage first week back, this is the sort of thing she may well be able to help you with.
simmonsn
simmonsn
Admin

http://virtualb15.edublogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post  d3st1nyliang Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:26 pm

my suggestion 3 maths, 3 eng, 2 bio, 2 chem, 2 legal
d3st1nyliang
d3st1nyliang

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisk Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:22 am

d3st1nyliang wrote:my suggestion 3 maths, 3 eng, 2 bio, 2 chem, 2 legal

You telling him to drop eco????

Gees, Liang, trying to get rid of your competition...
chrisk
chrisk

Back to top Go down

Post  d3st1nyliang Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:53 am

oh, whoops, cut legal
d3st1nyliang
d3st1nyliang

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am

chrisk wrote:
d3st1nyliang wrote:my suggestion 3 maths, 3 eng, 2 bio, 2 chem, 2 legal

You telling him to drop eco????

Gees, Liang, trying to get rid of your competition...

no. 1 thanks for the compliment chris (may be misplaced though)

no.2 yeah i am seriously considering anthonys suggestion of
3 m 3 eng 2 eco 2 chem 2 bio

it seems viable
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:34 am

simmonsn wrote:I think I am actually going to add to your dilema, but I was wondering why you have written off PD/H/PE?

From what I understand you are thinking of medicine. Have you had a look at the PD/H/PE syllabus ?

I think too many people focus on the last two letters (PE) and think it is like junior PE, but it is far from that, it is actually a very academic subject.

I'm not a PE teacher, but I would have thought that anyone considering medicine, physiotherapy, etc would at least consider doing it.

My suggestion for you:

Make sure you talk to Mrs Savage first week back, this is the sort of thing she may well be able to help you with.

well looking at the sylabbus it seems to be quite good. Yeah as u said, i was focusing on the PE part of the subject. Thinking that it was a subject better suited for the accademically elite. Does anyone know how ppl go in the subject. Mr Smith we do well. Yeah thanks for all the posts including (Bryans)
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  skaiwalker Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 am

Gone fishin' for compliments eh Kapilan
skaiwalker
skaiwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  PONYTA Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Have you considered being less painfully dramatic about it and realising that you more or less can't go wrong if you just pick subjects that aren't entirely ridiculous and put the required effort in? Everyone else is making the exact same decisions as you, but you're the only one in tears about it.
PONYTA
PONYTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharon den Adel Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Kapilan just acts that way because he's immature.

"OH THE TEST IS 3 WEEKS AWAY AND I'M GOING TO FAIL IT" etc.etc.

__

On-topic: Pick whatever you want. We don't know what you like.
Sharon den Adel
Sharon den Adel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down