Baulko Subject Selections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Year 9 Subject Selections-Whose Doing What?
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 am by Nathan626

» Yr 10 Yearly
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 am by supersath

» Anyone interested in doing the design courses at UTS?
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm by LitDN

» whose doing accelerated commerce
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am by simmonsn

» External subject ~ Dance
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am by simmonsn

» Anyone choosing it?
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am by chrisk

» Geography class - Year 11 2010??
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am by simmonsn

» When can I do Japanese Extension
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 am by ciganag

» The Electives for Year 9
Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm by chrisk

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering?

+6
NSiriwardena
who am i
Kevin
bryanho
Shehane
d3st1nyliang
10 posters

Go down

Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? Empty Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering?

Post  d3st1nyliang Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 pm

any idea>?
d3st1nyliang
d3st1nyliang

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? Empty Re: Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering?

Post  Shehane Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 am

Isn't it just called "Engineering Studies?" That's what they've listed it as on the Board of Studies Website: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/engineering-studies.html

Are you planning on doing it?
Shehane
Shehane

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering? Empty Re: Does anyone know what the school based elective is for engineering?

Post  bryanho Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Obviously, Liang doesn't and will not do engineering. I actually requested for him to make that question because I did not have an account yet.

But what I mean, is that the COURSE is called Engineering Studies but if you take a look, our Yr 11 course involves various modules, including a school based elective. I interpreted this as that the teacher/class can choose a subject or the like to learn. I want to know what this could be.
bryanho
bryanho

Back to top Go down

Post  bryanho Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Doesn't help at all. We ESTABLISHED that there was a school based elective. We/I want to know WHAT it is. As in, what is it that we're learning.
bryanho
bryanho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 pm

bryanho wrote:
Doesn't help at all. We ESTABLISHED that there was a school based elective. We/I want to know WHAT it is. As in, what is it that we're learning.

It is called an "elective" because you can "elect" what to do?
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  bryanho Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Kevin wrote:
bryanho wrote:

It is called an "elective" because you can "elect" what to do?

Engineering is a GIANT field.
Are we doing a focus module or a regular module like Household appliances?
If its a focus module, which field is it? There's about 20 and possibly more.
If its a regular module, what are we doing? There's about a billion to choose from.
Do we as the class get to choose or does the teacher choose?

Hence, hopefully, Maricic/Nesbitt can tell me/us.
bryanho
bryanho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 pm

bryanho wrote:

If its a regular module, what are we doing? There's about a billion to choose from.

Maybe you're looking at the wrong perspective. Maybe you, as the individual, gets to choose a module to do for yourself; rather than the entire class choosing one to do as a group.
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  bryanho Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Kevin wrote:
bryanho wrote:

Maybe you're looking at the wrong perspective. Maybe you, as the individual, gets to choose a module to do for yourself; rather than the entire class choosing one to do as a group.

Now thats just ridiculous. One person gets a subject each. That's crazy talk.
bryanho
bryanho

Back to top Go down

Post  Shehane Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Kevin wrote:
bryanho wrote:

They're not going to let you do that. That'll be chaotic.
You should probably ask on Friday, I don't think any of us could give you a straight answer. Sorry.
Shehane
Shehane

Back to top Go down

Post  who am i Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:43 pm

what does engineering in yr 11 and 12 involve
who am i
who am i

Back to top Go down

Post  NSiriwardena Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 pm

kappy wrote:what does engineering in yr 11 and 12 involve

Engineering, mostly. Not sure what the rest involves.

[/smartaleck]
NSiriwardena
NSiriwardena

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattger Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:03 pm

is anyone actually planning on doing it?
Mattger
Mattger

Back to top Go down

Post  bryanho Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Clearly me. I think a lot of people are going to drop it, probably because it wasn't what they expected and/or they did it for funsies.
bryanho
bryanho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hashaan Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:44 pm

bryanho wrote:Clearly me. I think a lot of people are going to drop it, probably because it wasn't what they expected and/or they did it for funsies.

Year 9/10 engineering was kind of disorganised, since we ended up running out of time for most of the projects. But I'm not doing engineering in year 11, because I don't much like the prelim modules. Household appliances, landscape products, braking systems, and biomed engineering. Doesn't really appeal to me. I'd like to find out what the school-based elective is though, just in case it's something more interesting.
Hashaan
Hashaan

Back to top Go down

Post  deleteme Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by deleteme on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
deleteme
deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  Hashaan Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Sticky wrote:
Hashaan wrote:Household appliances, landscape products, braking systems, and biomed engineering.
As for the topics you just mentioned, I'd have to agree that probably the only interesting topics out of that would be breaking systems and household appliances, at a pinch.

Maybe I'll have to find something else to fill my timetable with.

The HSC modules do seem a bit more interesting - civil structures, personal & public transport, lifting devices, aeronautical + telecommunications engineering. I'm definitely not doing engineering in year 12, so I guess it won't matter.
Hashaan
Hashaan

Back to top Go down

Post  simmonsn Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 am

Why not have a chat with Mr Nesbitt, he could let you know what the current students are doing.

One thing he did say when we were talking about it, was that it changes i.e. what one year group does does not necessarily mean that the next group does the same thing.
simmonsn
simmonsn
Admin

http://virtualb15.edublogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down